- Lamb Chops - 8
Olive Oil - 2tbsp
Lamb Stock Cubes -1
Paprika - 1/4tbsp
Pepper - 1tbsp
Garlic Powder - 1/4tbsp
Mixed Herbs - 1tbsp
Green Chilies - 2
Potatoes - 4-6
Spinach - 100g
Flour - 1tbsp
Mint - A bunch
Chicken Stock - 1
Pepper Corns - 1/4tbsp
- Pierce the chops with a sharp knife to ensure all the marinade covers the lamb evenly and thoroughly.
- To make the marinade, take a table spoon of olive oil and 1 stock of lamb cube stock and mix it together till it becomes a fine paste.
- Rub the paste onto the chops, make more marinade if necessary.
- Then add salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder to the chops on both sides, ensuring the ingredients cover all the meat.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the chops and sprinkle some mixed herbs. Allow to marinade for 1-2hours
- Get a grill pan or a normal non stick pan and turn the stove onto high heat. Wait a few minuets. The pan has to be smoking hot.
- You don’t need to drizzle any oil to the pan as the lamb has enough. Once the pan is hot, place each chop slowly ensuring they don’t touch (which causes water to ooze out)
- After 3-4 minuets (medium well) turn the chops over and wait for 2-3 minuets.
- Once they are done, put them in a plate to rest.
- As the chops are resting, in the same pan as you cooked the chops add a few teaspoons of flour to the leftovers in the pan. Stir till it becomes a paste. This is called a Roux.
- Once the flour has been cooked, to get rid of the raw edge, pour some cold chicken stock to the pan and whisk continuously.
- Bring it down to a simmer.
- After 10-15mins add some mints, and chillies to the gravy and stir.
- Boil the potatoes for 30mins and bake them in the oven for 10.
- Blanch the spinach in hot then cold water and serve them on the dish.
- Place the potatoes and lamb onto the spinach and pour over the gravy.
- Enjoy 🙂
About the Author: nikstars